It gave me a better understanding of “me” and how I need to adjust to deal with different people and events.
Delivering Audience-Focused Presentations
You know what you want to say but is it what your audeince needs to hear? Will you present it so they will understand?
Oral presentations drive today's business. We make major decisions on proposals, solutions, knoledge, policies, and who we partner with based on listening to someone speak. The speaker must be clear, concise, complete, confident and persuasive to avoid creating an awkard impression of the speaker, the content, and the organization.
A few simple public speaking techniques can help reduce the stress and anxiety and make you an engaging speaker.
Offered every Monday at 11:00 am EST.
- Understanding audience limitations and how to overcome them
- Developing a clear, concise and complete speaking style
- Determining your main message and key points
- Understanding and using the Universal Presentation StructureTM
- Developing an engaging opening for an oral presentation
- Determining your purpose: informing or persuading
- Prepare, Practice, Present
- Building rapport with your audience
- Organizing your presentation content
- Grabbing the audience’s attention to encourage them to engage
- Using your voice as a communication tool
- Controlling your voice tone and pitch
- Overcoming nervous habits
- Developing effective visuals aids
- Using handouts to supplement your presentation
- Identifying and addressing audience questions
- Techniques for developing a confident delivery presence
- Creating an audience-focused presentation
- Using body language to create a positive reaction
Each participant delivers two short presentations in a group setting based on a topic they select and receives peer and instructor feedback on a recording.
After taking this course, I feel more confident when speaking in front of others.
Very good course. I will recommend it to others and will take other courses presented by RGI.