The individual and group exercises helped me practice the new concepts.
Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
SOPs bring consistency and save time, money, and accidents but only if people can read and understand them.
Let’s face it, SOPs are a necessary part of the regulated and non-regulated fields but we all hate reading and more importantly writing them. They are often very long, repetivite, overly detailed, and hard to comprehend. This is a waste of time and money and potentially opens our organizations up to risk. Although regulations dictate what companies must provide, they don’t clearly explain how to it.
This course offers ideas on audience analysis, document structure, version control, clear language, common SOP terminology, and editing.
By the end of the course participants will be able to
- Understand common terminology
- Understand the purpose of SOPs
- Determine the audience for their document
- Develop and use structured SOP templates
- Write a clear, concise, and complete information
- Edit their own and others’ documents
I am a better writer and communicator because of this course.
Everyone in our company needs to take this course.