After taking this course, I feel more confident when speaking in front of others.
Effective Meeting Skills: Coordinating and Participating
Most people hate attending meetings. Using the PAT (purpose, agenda, timeframe) approach will bring structure and discipline to a meeting and make it more productive, whether you are the chairperson or an individual participant.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the best format for a meeting and who needs to attend
- Understand the roles of people attending the meeting
- Prepare a focused meeting agenda
- Record and format meeting minutes
- Present information confidently and concisely as a participant
- Encourage all meeting attendees to participate
- Manage time and keep the meeting focused
- Recognize and manage different personality types
- Understand how to manage distractions
Lori is a sharp teacher, and it was nice to see her respond to questions and situations. She would get us back on track.
It gave me a better understanding of “me” and how I need to adjust to deal with different people and events.