For the first time, I critically looked at how I communicate and the image I am presenting.
Effective Meeting Skills: Coordinating and Participating
Most people hate attending meetings. Using the PAT (purpose, agenda, timeframe) approach will bring structure and discipline to a meeting and make it more productive, whether you are the chairperson or an individual participant.
Offered every Tuesday at 3:00 EST.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the best format for a meeting and who needs to attend
- Understand the roles of people attending the meeting
- Prepare a focused meeting agenda
- Record and format meeting minutes
- Present information confidently and concisely as a participant
- Encourage all meeting attendees to participate
- Manage time and keep the meeting focused
- Recognize and manage different personality types
- Understand how to manage distractions
Although this course was just 1.5 days long, it has made a big difference on my ability to communicate.
The practical application of the course impressed me. I expected a lecture but the exercises broke up the content.