Very good course. I will recommend it to others and will take other courses presented by RGI.
Communication Skills for Project Managers
A technical person becomes a project manager based on project experience, yet communication skills are more important.
Yet communication skills are essential when talking with clients, sharing project status, resolving problems and finding solutions.
Writing, listening, and speaking effectively is what gets the job done on time and within budget.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what communication is
- Identify ways that communication can happen
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Communicate clear, concise and complete messages
- Develop their non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills
- Organize the writing task
- Identify primary information and direct readers’ attention to it
- Differentiate between ‘need to know’ and ‘nice to know’ information
- Structure written information in a logical order to increase readability
- Write requests, progress and project completion reports
- Use the STAR method to speak on the spot
- Listen actively and effectively
- Use email, text messages and voice mail effectively and productively
- Understand diverse communication styles
Although this course was just 1.5 days long, it has made a big difference on my ability to communicate.
Lori is a sharp teacher, and it was nice to see her respond to questions and situations. She would get us back on track.