Very good course. I will recommend it to others and will take other courses presented by RGI.
Communicating with Confidence
Imagine a world, a relationship, firm, or project where ideas and information did not flow. How well would that work?
Every area of our personal and professional lives count on us being able to communicate, yet it is a skill that people often assume they are proficient with. Typically we don't value effective communication until we recognize when it is not happening.
Everyone needs to communicate.
This workshop will give participants an overview of key communication aspects: writing, speaking, and listening.
Offered every Monday at 3:00 EST.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what communication is
- Identify ways that communication can happen
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Develop their non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills
- Understanding diverse communication styles
- Organize the writing task
- Identify primary information and direct readers’ attention to it
- Differentiate between ‘need to know’ and ‘nice to know’ information
- Structure information in a logical order to increase readability
- Use the STAR method to speak on the spot
- Listen actively and effectively
- Use email, text messages and voice mail effectively and productively
- Communicate clear, concise and complete messages in writing and speaking
Lori is a sharp teacher, and it was nice to see her respond to questions and situations. She would get us back on track.
Excellent. It was informative, a perfect pace and the instructors were great. Well done.