Everyone in our company needs to take this course.
Business Writing Basics
Do you write more than you ever imagined? Learn how to be comfortable and confident with this skill.
You may never meet or speak to many of your business contacts but you will write to them. And you will be judged by the way you write your emails, reports, and proposals. If all your audience knows you from is your written communications, that is how they will measure your integrity, reliability and aptitude.
Make sure the image you are presenting is the one you want. As one manager explained: "If he can't run an email through a spell check, how do I know he will calibrate the equipment?"
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of their communication
- Determine the “need-to-know” content vs the “nice-to-know” fluff
- Formulate a direct yet polite opening sentence
- Understand common grammar issues and rules
- Direct the reader’s attention to the most important details
- Develop a confident and professional writing style and tone
- Remove extra words
- Structure information in a logical order
- Use the active voice to show responsibility and ease readability
- Organize information for short reports
- Understand effective email techniques
- Determine which tool to use: email, text messages or phone
- Be clear, concise and complete in all communications
- Revise and edit their own or others’ writing
Participants will receive personal feedback on at least one writing assignment.
Often these types of courses are too watered down; That’s not the case with this one.
I didn’t think it was possible to learn so much in such a short time.